1. Plan ahead.I had an itinerary written out for each day of the week. It was very specific with times for lunches and dinners (even what I was going to cook, or whether we were ordering takeout). I also included travel times between photoshoots, rehearsals, etc. I built it in Google docs and shared it with the people who are involved in the projects. (Yes, having an itinerary is a basic management tool, but it works for family trips and special occasions when you need everyone to be on the same page.)
2. Stay flexible and willing to let go. Stressing about things not going the exact way you planned it only makes you more stressed out. Be willing to adjust your itinerary a bit and let go of the exact outcome you planned. I used to be terrible with this – I’d feel so thrown off if things changed that I would stress myself out and everyone around me – making it really difficult to finish the project or the task. Once I realized that what I really cared about was an accomplished goal, and a peaceful and enjoyable experience for all involved, I became a lot more flexible.
3. Lean on others. Don’t try to do everything by yourself. Delegate and assign tasks ahead of time. Know who your to-go person is if you need to get something done fast. Let them know you might need them during your super-busy time. (PS, my favorite thing about delegating and leaning on others comes with a wonderful opportunity to practice letting go of control 😉 )
4. Sleep.If possible, leave enough hours for a good night’s sleep. You won’t be able to stay on top of your game if you are sleep-deprived. When there is a lot going on, you’ll need a well-rested body, a sharp brain and the ability to focus. (This wasn’t really applicable when I was in my 20’s but now I need my 6-7 hours of sleep 😉
5. Eat a clean diet.It’s always good to eat a clean diet, as opposed to processed and fast foods. But it’s especially important when you need that extra energy. When you are tempted to go through drive-through, order a salad from a restaurant instead. Or stop by a Whole Foods and pick up a healthy meal. Better yet, cook something fresh yourself – it might take you only 30 minutes to put together a meal and eat (a salad, or a healthy wrap), especially if you prepped the food before your busy time, and you will feel a lot better
6. Stay hydrated.This doesn’t just mean to drink a lot of water, but also to cut down on caffeine and alcohol. Again, when I was in my 20’s, I could have several cups of coffee in the morning AND drinks at the end of the day and go go go… But now my body is a lot more sensitive and, while caffeine gives me a boost, I feel worse when it wears off. I’m my best when my body is fuelled with good food and water.
Tatiana “Tajci” Cameron is an award-winning music artist, published author, inspirational speaker, and certified transformational and spiritual life coach.
She has many passions and is dedicated to helping others while also creating an enriched life for herself and her three sons. When Tajci is not on the road performing gigs, she volunteers with local organizations dear to her heart, spends time with loved ones (often involving music!), and collaborates with other artists to bring creative projects to life.
Tajci’s most recent projects include a meditation CD, an annual retreat & sea cruise in Croatia (that she organizes and hosts), and a multimedia CD/book (Un)Broken: Songs My Father Taught Me.
You might also like…
It gets dark so early this time of year. And it may be just me, but it seems that winter nights are somehow darker than those in the summer. Perhaps it’s the absence of fireflies, or the positioning of the stars and the moon, or it’s simply that winter skies tend to...read more
I hope your week was awesome and Thanksgiving enjoyable! Mine was peaceful and healing, and very special. As we drove back from Cincinnati (where we spent Thanksgiving with family), I asked my mom what I should write about in this morning's email. She said: "Write...read more
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? It's one of my favorite holidays. I love the food and family gatherings around the table. I especially love that it comes at the time when we are wrapping another year, reflecting back on all that happened - and didn't happen....read more
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE...
GET WEEKLY INSPIRATION & PRACTICAL TOOLS
FOR WHATEVER YOU'RE GOING THROUGH IN LIFE,
DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
BONUS: SIGN UP NOW AND GET A FREE COPY OF MY EBOOK:
"HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE IN A 5-STEP PRACTICE"
Thank you! I have a quick message for you...
CONNECT WITH ME