1. Plan ahead.I had an itinerary written out for each day of the week. It was very specific with times for lunches and dinners (even what I was going to cook, or whether we were ordering takeout). I also included travel times between photoshoots, rehearsals, etc. I built it in Google docs and shared it with the people who are involved in the projects. (Yes, having an itinerary is a basic management tool, but it works for family trips and special occasions when you need everyone to be on the same page.)
2. Stay flexible and willing to let go. Stressing about things not going the exact way you planned it only makes you more stressed out. Be willing to adjust your itinerary a bit and let go of the exact outcome you planned. I used to be terrible with this – I’d feel so thrown off if things changed that I would stress myself out and everyone around me – making it really difficult to finish the project or the task. Once I realized that what I really cared about was an accomplished goal, and a peaceful and enjoyable experience for all involved, I became a lot more flexible.
3. Lean on others. Don’t try to do everything by yourself. Delegate and assign tasks ahead of time. Know who your to-go person is if you need to get something done fast. Let them know you might need them during your super-busy time. (PS, my favorite thing about delegating and leaning on others comes with a wonderful opportunity to practice letting go of control 😉 )
4. Sleep.If possible, leave enough hours for a good night’s sleep. You won’t be able to stay on top of your game if you are sleep-deprived. When there is a lot going on, you’ll need a well-rested body, a sharp brain and the ability to focus. (This wasn’t really applicable when I was in my 20’s but now I need my 6-7 hours of sleep 😉
5. Eat a clean diet.It’s always good to eat a clean diet, as opposed to processed and fast foods. But it’s especially important when you need that extra energy. When you are tempted to go through drive-through, order a salad from a restaurant instead. Or stop by a Whole Foods and pick up a healthy meal. Better yet, cook something fresh yourself – it might take you only 30 minutes to put together a meal and eat (a salad, or a healthy wrap), especially if you prepped the food before your busy time, and you will feel a lot better
6. Stay hydrated.This doesn’t just mean to drink a lot of water, but also to cut down on caffeine and alcohol. Again, when I was in my 20’s, I could have several cups of coffee in the morning AND drinks at the end of the day and go go go… But now my body is a lot more sensitive and, while caffeine gives me a boost, I feel worse when it wears off. I’m my best when my body is fuelled with good food and water.
Tatiana “Tajci” Cameron is an award-winning music artist, published author, inspirational speaker, and certified transformational and spiritual life coach.
She has many passions and is dedicated to helping others while also creating an enriched life for herself and her three sons. When Tajci is not on the road performing gigs, she volunteers with local organizations dear to her heart, spends time with loved ones (often involving music!), and collaborates with other artists to bring creative projects to life.
Tajci’s most recent projects include a meditation CD, an annual retreat & sea cruise in Croatia (that she organizes and hosts), and a multimedia CD/book (Un)Broken: Songs My Father Taught Me.
You might also like…
I just got to my mom's apartment in Zagreb, Croatia. It's peaceful here... and so comforting. She keeps it very clean and tidy, but there are little picture frames and boxes with keys and bracelets and glasses and pens neatly sorted and placed conveniently where she...read more
I hope you woke up today grateful for another beautiful day. No matter how challenging it might end up being, it's the only Monday, September 9, 2019 you'll ever experience. Last week I stood in my garden with David (who's been staying a little longer and helping a...read more
You are like family to me. Each week as I write these posts, I think of you.Some of you I know personally. Some, I only got to hug or sing to at some concert or talk. And some of you I haven’t met yet (please introduce yourself to me) :)My intention with everything I...read more
TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE...
GET WEEKLY INSPIRATION & PRACTICAL TOOLS
FOR WHATEVER YOU'RE GOING THROUGH IN LIFE,
DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
BONUS: SIGN UP NOW AND GET A FREE COPY OF MY EBOOK:
"HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE IN A 5-STEP PRACTICE"
Thank you! I have a quick message for you...
CONNECT WITH ME